In this day and age, everything we do is posted online for the world to see. Everyone is being criticized for everything they do/say and everything they are. The world has access to us and sometimes that can be a bit tough. I have posted pictures of myself online and received mean comments. Sometimes the comments were about my OOTD. Other times those comments were just about me and my appearance. The internet is already a tricky place. Bullies hide behind technology and sometimes those bullies take things too far. I have thick skin. It takes a bit more than a stranger to knock me down. Here's a quote that I am learning to live by everyday:
"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." — Thich Nhat Hanh
I'm a normal girl. Sometimes I don't like the way I look. Sometimes my jeans are too tight. Other times my hair won't sit right. Those moments make me want to scream into a pillow. We all have been there and will go through it again and again. Everyone has a bad day. Everyone has had that day where they wanted to trade places with someone else. Despite the fact that we will go through all of this an infinite amount of times in life, we should still remember to love ourselves. I know it can be hard to do so when you're in the middle of such a terrible day, but we can still try.
Here are some tips:
- Smile. Wake up and smile. Everyone deserves too.
- Keep an open mind. There are things that you haven't tried. There are things that you want to do. There's nothing in the world you/I can't do. I believe in me. I believe in you.
- Open your heart. Emotions are technically another lesson in Biochemistry and the heart is a muscle. But if you are like me, the heart is really the place where everything, including your emotions, is true. Follow your heart.
- Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are beautiful. We've all talked to ourselves before. Spend sometime in the day to admire who you are. You're one of a kind and you are perfect the way you are.
- Be patient. No one gets everything right on the first try. Practice make perfect. Take your time. Always remember that patience is a virtue.
- Be honest with yourself. Happiness and acceptance starts from within you. It's not easy to get through the issues at hand, but once you do, it'll get easier.
- Forgive yourself. If you're like me, then you can be hard on yourself. Remember that you are human. We live and we learn.
- Keep a journal.It's simple. There are things that you may not want to say out loud or speak into existence. There may things that you feel or think that you don't want you to share. You may be going to something and need to express yourself. Write it out. A journal forces honesty. Journals can also help you see things clearer or in a different light.
- Own who you are. Unless you are and identical twin, triplet, etc. then there's no one who is like you. Your mind, body, and soul is a work of art. Paint the canvas of your life and put it on display. As Lana Del Rey sings, "Be young. Be dope. Be proud."
- Let go. Life isn't something that anyone can control. Every time I tried to take control of the uncontrollable, I would have an anxiety attack. Don't stress about the curve balls life throws your way. Make lemonade out of the lemons and enjoy the ride. Qué será será.
- If needed, seek professional help. Seeking help doesn't mean that something is wrong with you. It's just means you want to better yourself. There's nothing wrong with that. There's nothing to be ashamed of. Do you what you have to do to be the best version of yourself.
- Live the life you want to live. It's easier said than done, but it's not impossible. Go for it. You don't owe anything to anyone. ¡Si se puede!
In case you haven't heard today, you are BEAUTIFUL and you are WORTH IT.
All the love. xx